Tuesday, October 22, 2013

J.J. Martin

Any woman with an eye for truly good style and a passion for vintage fashion and home decor is a fan of mine. J.J. Martin and I should go on a hunt date together and exchange stories about our vintage clothing scores. That. is. all.  This woman has a fabulous collection of vintage clothing and an apartment (in Milan) full of equally fabulous one of a kind treasures to match. Oh, and did I mention that she has a “thing” for vintage chairs? That was just the icing on the cake for me really….why are we not friends yet?

Her recent interview on the Tales of Endearment blog, just made me feel like I am somehow connected to her from all the way over here in my little corner of the world. Especially, the part where she talks about getting just as excited over finding a $35.00 garage sale piece as she would a vintage couture designer label. It was too perfectly close to home for me. Her eye for mixing vintage clothing with bold patterns + colors in a modern way is impeccable and interesting in every photo I have ever seen her in. Done just right without being over the top, she manages to maintain a very chic aesthetic while going about all of it, and I dig it. I also admire her life history and how she managed to ambitiously pursue her goal to focus on getting where she is today as Editor at Large of Wallpaper Magazine. Inspired.










photos via natalie joos of tales of endearment 

xo~syd






No comments:

Post a Comment