Friday, February 24, 2012

Kissing my Capes Good-bye....(till next year)

If there is one winter coat that I love to wear and just can't live without, it would have to be the cape!
The short lived winter season here in Tucson has just about run it's course. And as much as I love spring style and summer sundresses, I do hold my capes near and dear to my heart! Sometimes, I just wear them anyways, pushing on the winter that really doesn't quite exist here. I probably look ridiculous to some people walking down the street in a knee-length faux fur leopard cape, when it's seventy degrees and sunny outside, but do I care? NO.

Today's high hit 85 degrees, so I'm afraid I will have to kiss them goodbye for a little while, and start pulling those sundresses out (which I'm sure some people who live in long-cold-winter climates, would be happy to do in February). In honor of the cape, I wanted to do a quick re-cap of some of my favorite ones, that I had the chance to take photos in. Then I will be sending them off! I didn't even get to wear all of the ones I own. Oh well, there is always next year!


{the sixties leopard one}


{the seventies suede and leather one}


{the fifties navy and red one}


{the sixties brown, black and coral, plaid one}

So tell me, who else around here is a cape freak?

xo~Syd




5 comments:

  1. Love your capes!! I bought one in Acuna, Mexico about 3 years ago..saw it in the storefront window. It is a dark green wool beauty that goes down to my ankles and has an attached scarf that you can tie into a big bow. I brought it out several times this year (I live in Texas so I understand the short lived winters!) and got many of praises. I'm glad I got it when I did for now it is too dangerous to venture across the border :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have four capes in my closet... According to my auntie Estella, every girl needs to have couple of capes in their closet;)

    XOXO Maria from MarMarVintage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any capes, and I tend to keep my warm clothes out until May, winter dribbles on for ages here in blighty!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously beautiful handful of capes!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are just so comfortable and chic to throw on!

    ~Syd

    ReplyDelete