Friday, July 23, 2010

My latest sewing project and outfit squeezed in!

Well, I know I have been M.I.A all week, but my excuse is a good one! I have been working on sewing up this lovely little pattern! That's not all of course, but whenever I had a bit of extra time between working a gig and Romeo's soccer camp. I was pushing the pedal to the sewing machine. Still not quite done yet, just a few finishing touches like buttons & ribbon, but I thought I better get a post in before the week passes me by! I adore this late 1930's pattern, and was so excited to find the perfect fabric that not only happens to be one of my favorite colors "yellow", but has a perfect 1930's feel to the design, and almost looks like the design of fabric on the pattern sketch, except that ones green. I'm making view 1, which is the crop top version with a ribbon tie front.


Here's a glimpse of the fabric I am working with!


So today, I am taking a break from it all to have a relaxing lunch and shopping date with my Mom. Here is  the outfit post that I am squeezing into this post. These are the garbs I am dressed in today!


Another hot summer day in Tucson! Today's high is actually a relief for us, only getting to 95 degrees, as opposed to the usual 105. Ten degrees makes a huge difference in the desert, so a lightweight, cool cotton dress and snood will let the air flow both ways, if you know what I mean! It rained last night, so the combination of humid moisture and sweat, isn't good for the staying power of curls, (especially the ones at the neckline) Girls, what do we always resort to when the hair isn't cooperating? A snood or scarf right?

Outfit Details:
1940's green and white plaid dress- Tucson Thrift
1940's inspired tooled wedges- Downtown L.A's Olvera St.
Vintage leather belt with rose detail- Desert Vintage





1 comment: