Monday, September 14, 2009

An American Pastime




Yesterday, me and my little family took a drive up to Phoenix Arizona. We had tickets to see the Arizona Diamondbacks ball game! Both my husband and son are baseball fanatics. I too have a special place in my heart for the old American Pastime. I remember being around 5 years old and listening to games on the radio with my Grandfather. He would always share stories with me about his days growing up with baseball and following players such as Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, and Jackie Robinson. A definite old time sport on my Vintage entertainment list. So whenever we have the opportunity to catch a game, we are all for it. I have yet to visit the Yankee stadium or Wrigley Field, but I can assure you, they are in my book of possibilities under places to visit lol!

Needless to say we had a great day out at the ball game! Plenty of hot dogs, peanuts and cracker jack's to last me a while lol! I just thought I would share a few pictures of my family enjoying the game. Even though the D-backs did not win, we were not far behind and the final score was 3-5.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and a lovely Monday ahead!

xoxo,
Syd


A little boy with big dreams of playing professional baseball someday!



Try eating a corn dog and catching a foul ball at the same time, silly boy!


My patriotic baseball attire!


A father and son moment at the ball game.....


Towards the end of game, we ate too much and were a little beat......

7 comments:

  1. Love your little outfit! I'm sure you were the classiest one there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! thanks Ms.B, don't know if I was the classiest one there, but I always tend to stick out like a sore thumb lol!

    XOXO,
    Syd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous outfit! I love the classic pairing of denim blue and red together.


    Oodles of hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dizzy and Jessica!

    XOXO,
    Syd

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look wonderful. Baseball holds a strange fascination for me because one of my favourite films growing up was 'A League of their Own'. Hehe.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look wonderful. Baseball holds a strange fascination for me because one of my favourite films growing up was 'A League of their Own'. Hehe.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete