Friday, March 28, 2014

Kelly Wearstler + One Kings Lane

What an incredible match made in heaven this is. Kelly Wearstler has such an incredible eye and her  design skills are just beyond. Can you say #girlcrush? Well, she is one of many incredible women I would love to know personally, but I admire her impeccable taste, her mad business woman skills, love of vintage, personal style, and most importantly her talent for juggling all of her passions and being a mom first (I can relate...), a mom to two boys that is. I have a special place in my heart for the mother and son bond. Raising a boy up to be an incredible well rounded man is not an easy task. I feel like we could have some good conversations about kids, life, vintage treasures, design, etc., you know the important stuff.

Back in February, while in town for Modernism Week. I took a visit to the Viceroy in Palm Springs, the hotel that she designed the interiors and outdoor styling for, and believe me it was nothing short of incredible. Not one attention to detail in that glorious black + yellow desert oasis was left out. Just the way I like it.



poolside at the viceroy hotel: photo by my lovely friend elizabeth from boxhill design
turban + ocelot caftan: vintage

Follow her blog My Life-My Vibe here for almost daily visual treats of inspiration, or add one of her lovely books to your library. My favorite is no doubt Hue, but there is plenty incredible work to look at in every single one of them!

A few of my favorite items from her collaboration sale with One Kings Lane are already sold out (duh!), but there is nothing wrong with pulling a little eye candy for some inspiration right? So…I made this. Now, If I could only get my hands on that chrome serpent stool, so good!



style collage created by sydney ballesteros 

xx~syd















No comments:

Post a Comment