Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Tucson Modernism Week

Last week my attention called for some things I had in the works that took place this past weekend and my online presence was pretty non existent. In exchange for that I have these beautiful images of the mid-century modern (mid nineteen fifties to early seventies), vintage fashion exhibition I styled and hosted in collaboration with my frequent collaborator Claudine Villardito of Black Cat Vintage for Tucson Modernism Week. It finally came to fruition on Friday October 4th 2013 and featured some of my favorite pieces of vintage. Tucson Modernism Week is a celebration of mid century style, art, fashion, architecture, automobiles and craftsmanship found in our community and connections beyond. It brings people with a kindred love and appreciation for all of these things together under one desert sky, and it's pretty magical. I am grateful to be a part of the fashion component annually, and feel strongly about my hometown connection to this event because of my roots, passion for working with vintage clothing, love of history and my studied background. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Tucson, Arizona is a treasure trove of beautiful things and people, you should come visit some time.

Behind the Scenes:












Twenty minutes until show time and after a full day of styling + organizing models and working with my creative team, I must attempt to make myself presentable……all while still directing. It can happen!


The Exhibition: A fashion homage to the mid century styles of the fifties, sixties and early seventies, for Tucson Modernism Week.









Photos by my friend and colleague puspa lohmeyer
Production, Creative Direction + Styling: sydney ballesteros
Wardrobe: black cat vintage
Makeup: Tangie Duffey
Hair: Andrea Furedy
Models (left to right): Kelsey Hagan, Jesseca Haag, Lauren Free, Lindsey Meredith, Abbey Gaitlin, Ariel Robinson, Wendy Van L
Vintage Cars: Hi Speed Customs + Alex Mastrangelo (private collector)

Thank you to all of those involved.

~Syd

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely wonderful!! I can't wait to hear about it! Your dress is to die for! xoxox

    ReplyDelete