Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Vera

Vera Neumann is one of my favorite artist and textile designers from the sixties era. I just love her simple-cheerful patterns, pops of color and floral designs. Oh and of course her signature little ladybug! I have collected a few of her scarfs and some home decor pieces, such as napkins, tablecloths, etc. over the years.

So... you can imagine my excitement, when on a recent treasure hunt, I came across this vintage silk Vera blouse! It has just a simple bright orange flower detail on the front and it is perfect. This blouse was in mint condition and it just feels so good, airy and comfortable on, but then again there is nothing like the feeling of silk on your skin. Ideal for those days when you want to wear a loose blouse, but still feel polished. Her designs are just timeless.






vera blouse: vintage sixties {desert vintage}
blue cigarette pants: vintage
multi-colored lame stripe loafer flats: vintage sixties {thrifted}
gold jewelry: vintage

2 comments:

  1. What a great find! I'd never heard of Vera before.

    Miss P xx

    www.porcelinasworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete