Friday, November 11, 2011

Back from Texas! Part 1

Hey Ya"ll,

Ya, I said ya'll, I was bit by the bug! After spending a week in Austin Texas, it's only natural right? That was such a friendly and awesome city! I had never been before and always heard from others about it's funky charm, creativity, vintage aesthetic and grassroots vibe. So we decided to take a spur of the moment road-trip, out to see our friends and spend some time seeing for ourselves (best idea ever!)

There is undoubtedly inspiration on every corner in Austin. From the great vintage typography and signage, to a plethora of food trucks, music, art and local shops. Not to mention the beautiful rolling hills and green trees that surround the city. That is a really big deal for me folks, due to the fact that I was born and raised in the desert. Here are a few things that caught the likeness of my eyes!

There were quite a few pictures, so I decided to break this post up into two parts, enjoy!





An appreciation for vintage signage everywhere!


I spotted lots of Vespa's, which I can never get enough of.




I think I went back to get a cupcake more than once....


More vintage salvage and signage, I love it!


A beautiful, serene place to lay your head and a quick pose in front of the gates of the San Jose Hotel.


Wish that was the front door to my house!


A quick jaunt down to San Antonio, to experience the River Walk. It was a beautiful day and we had a nice lunch on this patio.


Romeo didn't waste any time finding his local spot. This circus themed candy store and old fashioned style soda fountain was just too cute for it's own good!. 




I am already planning another trip back soon and I can't wait to get my second dose, of what I missed the first time around. There are a few more food trucks on the list to hit up for sure! I don't think I would ever run out of places to eat. 

xoxo~syd
p.s.- stay tuned for part 2






7 comments:

  1. Isn't Austin the best! It is my home away from home- litterally! We have a family ranch just outside of Austin. As a matter of fact, I will be there for Thanksgiving in a few weeks and cant wait to get back. So happy that you had a wonderful time in charming Austin.

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyedthe photos.

    You look spectacular as always.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sydney, it looks like you all had a great time! I love the vintage signage. I hope to visit there one day as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice photo~ :3 nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photo.Thanks doll !
    Hauskat ja vaikuttavat fotot !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live nearby, my son was born there! I am glad you had a nice trip- you have to hit the thrift stores and antiques around Congress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glamourous Housewife- Yes! I absolutely fell in love with the city! What a lucky girl to own a piece of it and be able to travel there often. I can't wait to go back soon, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Miss Tallulah- Thank you, you are so kind!

    Valerie- We did! I can't wait for you to visit!

    Marie- It's wonderful to hear you live close by too! I can see why! I spent an entire day floating around Congress, I loved it and found some little treasures to follow me home :-)

    Eemah & Liirum- Welcome to my blog and thank you for your nice comments :-)

    ~Syd

    ReplyDelete