Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Golden Garbs- In a 1960's mood!

I apologize for the lack of consistent posts lately. I have been crazy busy creatively directing and organizing a fashion show that will take place on October 8th at the Rialto Theater, in downtown Tucson (more details on that later). I escaped the walls of my office-slash-studio on Friday evening, to attend a family members wedding. I was feeling the need for a change, a new inspiration and in a little bit of a 1960s mood. So, I scoured the inventory in my closet and pulled out this little yellow number. It was made in 1962 by the Lanz Company. I paired it with my black glass beaded jewelry, patent black bow clutch, and black babydoll style-skinny heel pumps. A little more snug than I remember, it looks like I need to quit indulging in the sweets when I'm stressed te-he-he!


  
{1962 yellow Lanz dress}


{a sleek-classic 1960s french twist}


{the back}

In between all of the busy tasks going on the last few weeks. I have been working on a really juicy fall fashion post. If all goes as planned, I will get it out by next week. Stay tuned there is some definite delights for the eyes!


xo~Syd




13 comments:

  1. I love it! You look amazing and I am in awe of how sleek and polished your french twist looks. 60s suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovey look for you x

    Please get in toch I need your address again for your design x
    I lost my book of addys in the move xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous outfit! I love how impeccable your French twist is!

    ♥ Casey
    blog | elegantmusings.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look very lovely - the colour suits you so well and I think a change is a great thing, from time to time. =D
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing look, that dress color and cut are gorgeous on you! Love your hair too!
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    Halloween fun giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I was surprised to hear how receptive everyone was, for the 1960's look on me! Thanks for all the lovely comments on my french twist. Maybe one of these days I will post a tutorial!

    xoxo~Syd

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you look beautiful as usual. I am so envious of your hairstyling skills. Would be great if you could post a tutorial :)

    http://netpetticoat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the vintage style with a bit of today's fashion. You are more than welcom to see my blog. Best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been reading for a while now, and thought it time to say hello, especially when there are shoes to talk about :) I love the Oxford styles, I have a pair- in patent leather (black and cream) and I love them, they always get plaenty of wear in the cooler months, so versatile. Oh, and I loved your outfit too- Lovely.
    Lady S xox
    ~www.ladyinresidence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you vintage_belle, as soon as I get the equipment, I will! I'm still loving in the Flintstones age I guess....

    Pinupcandy- Thanks! I will stop by!

    Lady S- I am so glad you introduced yourself. I love to know who is reading! It is nice to meet you....Yes! Shoes are my favorite subject too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. French Twist! my older sisters were wearing those while I was all scraped knees and tangled hair. I loved watching the "big girls" do their hair.

    signed, the Tom Boy
    alias, Nance

    ReplyDelete