Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wednesday Wardrobe

Since I totally admit to being a lazy bum and a prisoner to my house on Monday and Tuesday. I stayed in my lounging clothes most of the time and totally avoided the record temperatures of 110 degrees outside. So for that matter, did not get dressed in my get-ups and had no wardrobe pictures to share. So lame........

Anywhoo today I had no choice, but to expose my son and I to the heat! We had some running around to do. Thank goodness the a/c in my car blows cold. Or else I really think I would die of a heat stroke. I know I sound like a whiny little baby. My poor husband is a Landscape Designer and works in the heat all day long. Even though he is a self proclaimed lizard and says it doesn't bother him. Nor should it bother me as we were both raised in the desert climate.

That I should just deal with it, it's only for 3 months out of the year. You can't beat the Spring, Fall and Winters in Arizona. Also we don't have to worry about floods, earthquakes, tornadoes blah, blah, blah! Yeah I know, but it's so hot my makeup is melting off my face in the middle of the day!

Back to the point as I have rambled on about my petty complaints. Here is what I wore today as I gallivanted around to register for a class, Target, Michael's Craft Store, Hancock Fabric store, and the Farmers Market. I make my poor son take these pictures of me as there is no one else around during the day, plus I am horrible about taking self portraits. You would have half a head or half a body if it was left up to of to me. He has turned out to be quite the little picture taker.

Have a swell Wednesday!

XOXO,

Syd




Red and white polka dot 1940's dress. I found this dress at an estate sale about a year ago. Paired with red Georgia wedges from Rocket Originals. Also after my bangs grew out a little bit. I was finally able to put my hair in Victory Rolls again!!!

My accessories include a red Bakelite cuff bracelet, red Bakelite earrings, red snood and my President Roosevelt campaign pin from the early 1940's.

10 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful! Everything about the outfit... dress, accessories, shoes, is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dizzy Dame and Catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly, wildly adore every element of your stunningly beautiful outfit! Sweet and gorgeous as a bowl of summer cherries :)


    Oodles of hugs!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. I adore your dress! You look fab, as usual, Syd!
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely,lovely just LOVELY!!!!!!! everything, the outfit , the hair ans the make up.
    I wish find in mexico dresses like that =(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all of the lovely comments. All of you gals are swell!

    XOXO,
    Syd

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Jesus Help Me, Uhhhhhhhhh Happy Valentines Day... Wanna Get Married...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! That last post was a hoot! Seriously love your style. :~)

    ReplyDelete