Monday, May 25, 2009

New Accomplishment


Hi All!


Just thought that since I finally snapped a pic. I would drop a quick line to show off my favorite blouse and one of my sewing accomplishments! I sewed this blouse from a 1943 pattern. It was actually quite simple, that is probably why I finished it without a complication or my mother's assistance LOL! I found the material at Joann's and was delighted that it was so vintage inspired. I am hoping to make a few more, since it is such a simple everyday blouse and can be paired with trousers or a skirt. Maybe one in yellow, green, navy and white will do!

3 comments:

  1. Just found you blog Syd! What a beautiful blouse! I wish I (or even my mum!!) could sew, I'd have the biggest wardrobe ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! First time here in your blog and I found thanks to Fleur de Guerre.
    This blouse is so beautiful!! Perhaps I'll sew one for me =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fleur: So glad you found my blog! I hope you will visit often!

    Lizzy: You should totally sew a blouse for yourself! I was on ebay the other day and I saw quite a few 1940's blouse patterns!

    ReplyDelete