Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy New Year Wishes, Football Fanatics and a Wardrobe Post!

I just decided to combine all of these entries into one post. I am headed out the door early tomorrow morning. For a couple of days away from the computer, and I wanted to make sure that I wished everyone a Happy New Year!!

I just can't believe that it's going to be 2010 in less than a week! This year just flew by in the blink of an eye. I hope that everyone had a really nice holiday season and are looking forward to ringing in the New Year. I am looking forward to a good positive year with lots of new and exciting stuff.

For this year's celebration I will be heading to San Diego, to accompany my football fanatic husband and son to the Holiday Bowl tomorrow. This year our own hometown college; The University of Arizona Wildcats football team, made the cut- Go Wildcats!!

Of course, I will manage to squeeze in a quick trip to the beach (even though it's probably freezing), remember I live in a dry desert. Do some sight seeing and a little Vintage shopping. Believe me, I can do a lot in just 3 days! There seems to be quite a bit of events going on in San Diego for New Year's Eve, so I guess we will just have to see where we end up! Though I would love to catch the fireworks over the beach, that would be swell!!

After all is back to some-what normal, and the holiday craziness settles down. I look forward to getting back on a regular routine with my blog entries.

I wish all of you a very Happy New Year and I hope that you all have lovely hopes and positive encouraging thoughts for 2010!

So I leave you for a couple of days with a good old wardrobe post. This is what I had on today, my favorite color combination of red and yellow!

Outfit Details:

Yellow Vintage knit sweater- Estate Sale

Red Vintage pencil skirt- Desert Vintage

Brown 1940's inspired pumps- Mossimo ( an old Target find)


Accessories:

Bakelite bangles and earrings- Razzle Dazzle Vintage

I am still rockin the poinsettia flower in my hair, through December!



xoxo,

Syd Divine

9 comments:

  1. Your sweater is to die for! Love it!

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your complete outfit...
    Happy New Years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! Hope you all had a swell start off to the New Year!!

    ~Syd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have never thought of red and yellow but it really works! I -adore- your kitchen! Just darling! Have a safe, fun trip, happy new year! http://vavoomvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! I have given you a blog award! xo
    http://bobbinsandbombshells.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-award-blow-out.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Syd, have you been named a Queen of Vintage yet? If not, I really think a campaign should be started to have you given a coronation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Va-voom Vintage- Thank you lovely! Yes! I enjoy combining yellow with anything really. I guess I am just fond of that happy color, but yellow and red do unite very well....


    Karen- Thanks doll face! I am thrilled, working on getting that circulated soon!

    BaronessVonVintage- That is very thoughtful of you to say! I actually am very honored to be a Vintage Queen, surrounded by a group of such lovely and talented women! I am Vintage Queen #25!

    XO,
    Syd

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Syd honey, I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you so very much for your wonderful comments recently (and throughout 2009), they mean a tremendous amount to me.

    I really hope that your year is off to a sparklingly fantastic start, and that each of the days that follows will continually be even more amazing for you than the last!

    Big hugs & endless joyful wishes for 2010,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete