Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mexican Senorita

Sorry my post is so delayed today. I had several errands to accomplish and because of the heat wave here in the summertime, I really hesitate going out for more than two hours a day or at a time. So you can imagine, I dreaded having to be out and about, in and out of the car for about five hours today. By the time we got home, me and my son were pooped! We decided to take a little afternoon siesta. I swear, I was born and raised in Arizona. You would think that I would have lizard like capabilities and be immune to the heat. Maybe, when I was younger the heat didn't used to bother me as much. Or maybe this summer is just hotter than most I remember. I don't know what it is, but this dry desert heat,  just sucks the living life out of me!


One of the places on my list today was Bookman's (our local, recycled bookstore). I go there to have my pickin's at all the vintage LIFE magazines (when they are available of course). As I was scavenging through the racks like a hungry vulture today, I came across this amazing vintage Arizona Highways publication from 1947. What caught my eye was the beautiful technicolor looking, spanish senorita on the front cover.


SCORE! These kind of little found treasures, make me a happy camper. I love looking at old pictures and collecting spanish/mexican goodies from the 1940's and 50's. In fact, this is my next project for a photo shoot (coming soon!) Since I have hispanic blood running through my veins and ancestry dating back to the time of the Conquistador's settling in Tucson, in the 1700’s. It would make sense that I am naturally drawn to this stuff right?


I thought I would scan this magazine and share the cover with you all. I hope you will find an appreciation for the beauty of the Senorita as well. Oh yeah! Take note of her fabulous colorful bakelite sombrero bracelet. Oh my goodness, if I could only get my hands on one of those!! This made not passing out from a heat stroke well worth the journey today!

Enjoy,
Syd

3 comments:

  1. Oh! Nice picture! VIVA MEXICO!! =)
    I would like to see you in photos like that!
    I am mexican, and I have tryed to find vintage clothes or something like that, but it has been very difficult to find them online, I'm sure people have vintage stuff but they don't sell on ebay or something like that, perhaps if I nock every door I'll be able to find something hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is awesome. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ι havе been еxploгing for a little bit fοr
    any high-quаlity аrticleѕ or weblοg ρosts in this sort of area .
    Exploгіng іn Yahoo I fіnally stumbled
    upon thіs sіte. Reading this info Ѕo i аm satisfied to
    convey that I have an incredibly good uncanny feeling I cаme upon exаctly ωhat ӏ neeԁed.
    I such a lot indubitably will make suгe tо do not ρut out of уоur mіnd this web sitе
    and ρroviԁes it a glance on a relentlеsѕ basiѕ.


    Mу webpage http://www.basketballwivesseason5.com/basketball-wives-season-2.html

    ReplyDelete